Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.
Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.

An online competitive gaming community. Est. MMIII

HometA HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The mighty fall

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:01 am

Quote :
I think it’d be very, very easy for this blog to turn into a non-stop rant against WoW and Blizzard, especially in contrast to my hopes and anticipation when it comes to Warhammer Online. And that should never happen — WoW isn’t the focus of WAAAGH!, and WAAAGH! does not hate WoW. We just feel as if its day is passed, and a new dawn approaches.

[Cue angelic choruses against a night sky]

But… gah… when I read this, I felt my blood pressure shoot up a bit. Go on, read it. I’ll be here.

I really have to ask you guys, just so I don’t feel like I’m going crazy here — is World of Warcraft trying to head off WAR by copying it? A preemptive strike on creativity?

Now of course, WAR doesn’t have a monopoly on the whole “achievements” aspect, as City of Heroes, XBox Live and LOTRO has already pioneered the way. But WAR does seem on the verge of revolutionizing the achievement system with the Tome of Knowledge — something far more vast, detailed, interactive and rewarding than any achievement system we’ve ever seen. Along with RvR, Public Quests and City Sieges, it’s one of the cornerstones of the game.

So — if this report is accurate and not just a mild screenshot-molesting hoax — why is WoW just now throwing in an achievement system into the next expansion? It seems odd we haven’t heard of this beforehand, but it does look like it’s still in primitive development. On the internet, it’s easy to see corporate conspiracies in every nook and corner, but sometimes coincidences do add up into real evidence.

Here’s what I see so far: (1) Blizzard would be absolutely stupid not to see WAR as the first legitimate contender in the MMO playing field in quite some time. WAR has the backing of a major publisher, it’s not being rushed to completion, and it has incredibly good buzz and press. (2) Blizzard announced that an entire zone in the next expansion will be all-PvP, a la Warhammer Online, complete with cooperative quests and siege equipment and vehicles. (3) Blizz might, might be sneaking in an achievement system as well.

Would it be alarmist to speculate that Blizzard is deliberately trying to steal WAR’s thunder any way they can? It is possible and probable all of these factors are just coincidences — after all, the MMO field moves in the same direction like a school of fish — and the achievement system in WoW is purely bunk. But a nasty little part of my mind envisions Blizzard this fall saying, “Why do you want to try WAR, when we now have everything they have, and all of the content they don’t?”

Achievements? Really?

http://waaagh.wordpress.com/2008/06/08/now-whos-cloning-who/#comment-680
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:44 pm

WoW is a pile of garbage shit game that has strayed so far away from what it was to make more money/attact more people. Sure some people bitch about it all the time but most if not all of them STILL PLAY THE GAME.

Fuck wow. Really. That is all I have to say.

Also pie.
Back to top Go down
https://aristocracy.forumotion.com/

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:03 am

LoL holder who between you and me left wow before ? Wink
i know wow suck it was good at the begin want they where trying to do something but after bwl it was alway teh same damn thing.
it soo swwet they are scare of war that what i mean ^^

i hate wow soo much they kill world pvp and never create 1v1 areana
Back to top Go down

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:27 am

Hek the Odd wrote:
Also pie.
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Anno
Token Aussie.
Anno

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 am

The WAR people do seem pretty switched on. They already have a strong community and the game isn't even out yet.

As i've mentioned before they are going to have a dedicated australian zone server hosted in asia. Its the first MMO that will have ever done this. It's not even that hard... you just make a server in asia accessible to australians... woo.. so hard.

By doing so they pretty much have pretty much made sure that a vast majority of aussies who are even remotely interested in WAR will be playing it.. if only to make sure that the idea of a locally hosted server is a sound business decision.

Also on the bright side... its less of us for you guys to have to put up with.

I'm pretty bored with wow. I don't log on that much. I'd not bother if it wasn't for the people I know in the game. Although the guild is 95% new faces these days. Also... someone said I sounded like an arab on vent the other day (wtf?). Sad

Also you can bet that WOTLK will be released around the same time as WAR.
Back to top Go down

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:49 am

The mythic team is the shit. Seriously DAoC was freaking revolutionary but most people were too attached to EQ. Now at least WoW has failed earlier than EQ.

I mean seriously who will pay 15 dollars a month to play an e sport platform. Halo/CS/COD are all basically free to play but WoW is not.

I just read Goblin in a Tuxedo and I did not realize how far WoW had fallen.

War will be a big success because WoW has exposed so many more people to the wonderful genre of MMO.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.
Bek

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:48 am

I think WAR has enough new and creative ideas to set it apart. Not to mention the fact that anything WoW does will be a half-ass mock up of what they think WAR is gonna have. Also, WoW is still going to be largely about PvE progression moreso than PvP.
Back to top Go down

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:52 am

My frustration with WoW has gone from slight to severe over the last month. Now, when I log on to do 2v2 arenas with my real life buddy, I rage log after only a couple games.

"I hate this game." and "I won't be paying for another month of this crap." were yelled over vent. I'm trying to convert my buddy to try out WAR when it comes out.
Back to top Go down

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:25 pm

Ask him why does he pay 15 dollars a month to lose all the time when he can play CS for free and still lose all the time Razz
Back to top Go down

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:13 pm

WoW is a tool of the devil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The mighty fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mighty fall   The mighty fall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The mighty fall
Page 1 of 1