Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.
Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.

An online competitive gaming community. Est. MMIII

HometA HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This games macro system.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

This games macro system. Empty
PostSubject: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Is probably a lot like FFXI's. If that is true, oh hell yes son. Oh hell yes.

That is all for now.
Back to top Go down
https://aristocracy.forumotion.com/
Gharik
The Gallant.
Gharik

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:15 pm

that was informative
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:21 pm

in ff11 you could, and in most cases had to macro every ability you had into chains. Only by doing so were you effective at your class.

The macro system was extensive and took a pretty damn long time to get used to, afterwards however you could do just about anything.

My post was short because I don't know if it is the same, or similar at all. If it is, I will show you all how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Gharik
The Gallant.
Gharik

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:29 pm

my research shows opposite really; that you cant cast spells at all via macro.

in DAoC you could only macro things you could type in that chat bar thing (target/assist/shout, etc)
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.
Bek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:41 pm

Official Mythic response to macro question:

"As stated our Macro system is very basic and is only used for the creation of macros for slash commands.

For a list of all slash commands you can do /help.

We have no commands such as /cast, /use, etc.

Thanks and locking."
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Damn, that makes me so sad.
Back to top Go down
Gharik
The Gallant.
Gharik

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:55 pm

meh, my WoW macros were overcomplicated and broke every patch. one less thing to wrap my head around here
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:00 am

Well it's just like you could of macroed everything you did to one button, ie:

/Use ability Binding grudge
.{wait 1.4}
/Use ability Heavy Blow
.{wait 1.4}
/Use Ability Inspiring Attack

etc.
etc.

All on one button.

(that isn't how they worked exactly btw, because when I type that in this fucking webpage thinks it's html)
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.
Bek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:37 am

Yeah...on the other hand, it means I can't designate a 4 year old to play my toon for me.
It was boring tanking in WoW when you were only using 4 buttons and rarely a click or 2.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:44 am

It's not a matter of simplifying it's a matter of being able to do more things at once. If I have my core attacks macroed into 1 button I could therefore be doing secondary/tertiary things as well as I'm doing main line abilities.

Like I said, you basically had to do that in ffxi because there was so much shit going on at once.
Back to top Go down
Gharik
The Gallant.
Gharik

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:46 am

how the hell do u have so many posts on that damned forum? is the IB forum just more intelligent than the WH garbage?
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:47 am

like my first 40 were all in our guild thread, and yea, tanks > mdps for having and using a brain.

That isn't saying much through. I've found maybe 4-5 people who aren't retarded.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.
Bek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:04 am

Honestly one of the reasons I stay away from public forums is to avoid the urge to respond to every idiotic post...and because it's frustrating to read through 20 pages of posts to find the 4 that have any relevance. Thankfully I've long since learned to ignore people like that in-game, when someone asks a really stupid question in chat, I just put them on ignore right away, before I'm tempted to answer them.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 am

That is pretty good, but if you want to remain in this guild you better send them a quick "I'm sorry you are horrible/bad/a joke/the worst player ever etc." message before you ignore them.

It's protocol.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.
Bek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:12 am

I dunno, seems like you're giving them more respect than they're actually worth to waste time sending them a tell...maybe I'll macro something...altogether ignoring someone seems more snobbish than actually taking the time to insult them.

Btw, I must say, my favorite n00b question is, "Where do I find XXX for such and such quest?" and my favorite response, "Read ALL of the quest text carefully".
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:19 am

The best was one I personally used for much of my wow days. Someone would send me an asinine tell and I would respond: "Oh really? Wow, tell me more."

and then auto ignore them.

They would get all happy and type some long ass thing to me, and then be told I had them on ignore.
Back to top Go down
Anno
Token Aussie.
Anno

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:42 pm

Bek wrote:
Honestly one of the reasons I stay away from public forums is to avoid the urge to respond to every idiotic post...and because it's frustrating to read through 20 pages of posts to find the 4 that have any relevance. Thankfully I've long since learned to ignore people like that in-game, when someone asks a really stupid question in chat, I just put them on ignore right away, before I'm tempted to answer them.

http://xkcd.com/386/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This games macro system.   This games macro system. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This games macro system.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Intra-Guild Functions. :: General Discussion.-
Jump to: