Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.
Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.

An online competitive gaming community. Est. MMIII

HometA HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need help building a new rig

Go down 
+3
Robosolo
Flannan
iggiepoo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
iggiepoo
Commoner.
iggiepoo

Need help building a new rig Empty
PostSubject: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:43 am

Fiance caved and conceded to my buying a new pc early. I'll be building it myself/saving money, but it's been three years since I bought my last PC and I'm very very outdated on parts + compatibility.

My only requirements are a top of the line mobo for future upgrades, dual monitors (never had before), and a SSD.

I've heard I should avoid the i7 line to save money for other parts and just get an i5 and overclocked it. My main concern is heat. In China the air is very dusty etc etc.. I have a $1700 cap for this computer.
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Here is a good website that Holderhek used to help him make his current rig.
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/

It's got ideas for full rigs ranging from budget prices to high-end hardware.
Back to top Go down
Robosolo
Commoner.
Robosolo

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Sent you a "Wishlist" from newegg to your hotmail account (check junk mail) that I had for a friend that wanted about the same thing. Right now it's $1300 with a killer MB, 8GB DDR3 ram, SSD, 1TB storage drive, DVD-RW, case, 850w ps, ATi 6770, and windows. Pretty much everything to build a whole new computer from scratch, just add your dual monitors. If you have Windows, case, dvd-rw etc that you can use then you obviously don't need that and the price will go down. If you want a more powerful GPU, then go for it, but that's the best bang for the buck right now within the budget you wanted.

First post on the forums...figured i'd help a guildy. See you in less than 30 days.
Back to top Go down
iggiepoo
Commoner.
iggiepoo

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 am

I might not even need a new pc, my current one does meet the min req. I'm worried about connecting from China. Bioware is purposefully stopping a few redlisted countries from accessing their website, will probably do the same with the game.

It all comes down to Turkeyday weekend's beta test. If I can connect at all, I'll be fine, if not looks like I'm out of the MMO scene all together. Sad
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:51 am

iggiepoo wrote:
If I can connect at all, I'll be fine, if not looks like I'm out of the MMO scene all together. Sad

Ya know, except for those sweet non-existent Chinese mmos'
Back to top Go down
https://aristocracy.forumotion.com/
iggiepoo
Commoner.
iggiepoo

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:57 am

Hold the Hek wrote:
iggiepoo wrote:
If I can connect at all, I'll be fine, if not looks like I'm out of the MMO scene all together. Sad

Ya know, except for those sweet non-existent Chinese mmos'
Even the Chinese don't like Chinese mmo's. I'd rather just play CS 1.6/sources/HON until D3 or Dota2 comes out instead. Kind of sick of Chinese by now.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Well even if you can't play TOR with us for whatever reason we will be playing D-Triple so feel free to stay a member here.
Back to top Go down
https://aristocracy.forumotion.com/
iggiepoo
Commoner.
iggiepoo

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:34 am

TOR is unplayable here. I must connect using my VPN, which is slow and clunky. Tried making threads/petitions, Bioware doesn't care. My guess is they'll leave the IP block up until they release Chinese servers.

If anyone can get me the IP of a west coast server I could do more investigation.
Back to top Go down
Robosolo
Commoner.
Robosolo

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:46 am

servers are down for maintenance, so I'll see if I can do a router trace log to see if I can nab one of the servers' IP I'm playing on after they are back up.
Back to top Go down
iggiepoo
Commoner.
iggiepoo

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:29 am

AgentScreech wrote:
servers are down for maintenance, so I'll see if I can do a router trace log to see if I can nab one of the servers' IP I'm playing on after they are back up.
That'd be swell. I heard some users on Virgin internet have had swtor issues to.
Back to top Go down
Robosolo
Commoner.
Robosolo

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:33 pm

199.59.149.200 is what looks like a winner. it was the only thing that was using the ICMP protocol and used the SSL socket of 443. but whois says that a twitter server. I'll keep looking at my logs. I have so much crap going it's hard to see which ip is for the game. (router is really old and doesn't have that many tools for this kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
iggiepoo
Commoner.
iggiepoo

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:53 am

I ping that server fine Neutral It's an issue with their login server, manifest.swtor.com. It's not likely to go away soon, as they have wayyyyy bigger priorities with beta issues. This beta was really hit and miss.
Back to top Go down
Buzz Killington
Aristocrat.
Buzz Killington

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:55 pm

iggiepoo wrote:
I ping that server fine Neutral It's an issue with their login server, manifest.swtor.com. It's not likely to go away soon, as they have wayyyyy bigger priorities with beta issues. This beta was really hit and miss.

Well the offer stands Iggie, if you can't play the star wars from the china hopefully you can play the D Triple.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAMfCG6nn1w&NR=1
Aellia
Aristocrat.
Aellia

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Picked up a really cheap EVGA GTX 480 SSC.

My PC should be ready for TOR now.

i7 920 D0 @ 3.6 ghz
6GB of DDR3 in Triple Channel ( I need to pick up some more it's so cheap right now... )
GTX 480 SSC

Only missing a SSD.
Back to top Go down
Robosolo
Commoner.
Robosolo

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:31 am

lol, that's is almost exactly my system (my 920 would only get to 3.4 stable...but whatever) I have a ATi 5770 instead of the nVidia.
Back to top Go down
G Im Joe
Aristocrat.
G Im Joe

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:03 pm

i7 D0 4.2 Ghz HT on 1.38 vcore

Get on my level

and also

hi.
Back to top Go down
Aellia
Aristocrat.
Aellia

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:05 pm

I've done a stable 4 but it was kinda hot. Never tried 4.2

1.38 vcore is high.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help building a new rig   Need help building a new rig Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help building a new rig
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Intra-Guild Functions. :: General Discussion.-
Jump to: