Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.
Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.

An online competitive gaming community. Est. MMIII

HometA HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Decision (possibly countdown)

Go down 
+12
Reaction
Flannan
Hold the Hek
G Im Joe
Aellia
Kaladin
Bek
Dios
Firebob
Robosolo
FeiGnt
Buzz Killington
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

My Class / Role
Trooper: Tank
The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarend1-110%The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarendr-1
 10% [ 2 ]
Trooper: DPS
The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarend1-15%The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarendr-1
 5% [ 1 ]
Trooper: Heals
The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarend1-110%The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarendr-1
 10% [ 2 ]
Smuggler: DPS
The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarend1-15%The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarendr-1
 5% [ 1 ]
Smuggler: Heals
 5% [ 1 ]
Knight: Tank
 10% [ 2 ]
Knight: DPS
The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarend1-115%The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarendr-1
 15% [ 3 ]
Consular: Tank
 5% [ 1 ]
Consular: Heals
The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarend1-115%The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarendr-1
 15% [ 3 ]
Consular: DPS
The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarend1-120%The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Votbarendr-1
 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Buzz Killington
Aristocrat.
Buzz Killington

The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Empty
PostSubject: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:40 am

Okay, it as been two more or less open beta weekends. We have all gotten a chance to play the game. Please answer this poll with the exact class / role you WILL BE PLAYING.

I don't actually have enough poll options here to list all advanced classes so if for example you are going to play "Smuggler: DPS" and for some reason you are compelled to go Scoundrel DPS instead of Gunslinger just specify here in this thread. This will especially be important for Consulars as I will need to know who is going Sage DPS and who is going Shadow DPS.

This is a top priority so...do it.

Last edited by Buzz Killington on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAMfCG6nn1w&NR=1
FeiGnt
Aristocrat.
FeiGnt

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Knights can heal? Did you mean DPS?
Back to top Go down
Robosolo
Commoner.
Robosolo

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Scoundrel (DPS/off heals as needed)

My build as it sits...

http://www.torhead.com/calculator/skill#701Mc0MZG0GodkrffzZh.1

Last edited by AgentScreech on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Firebob
Aristocrat.
Firebob

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Jedi Knight DPS(Heals :p). Either Sentinel or Vigilance Guardian based on which seems more useful/effective.
Back to top Go down
Dios
Commoner.
Dios

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:33 pm

From reading through our forums, seems like everyone wants to be dps.

So I guess I'll go Smuggler Heals

edit: also, I'm sure everyone knows this already but if you don't, picking a pure dps class such as Sentinal or Gunslinger does not mean your dps is higher than classes that can dps/tank or dps/heal. In other words, Gunslinger/Sentinal will do the same damage output as a dps Guardian/Sage/Shadow/Commando/Vanguard/Scoundrel.
Back to top Go down
Buzz Killington
Aristocrat.
Buzz Killington

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Teafortwo wrote:
From reading through our forums, seems like everyone wants to be dps.

So I guess I'll go Smuggler Heals

edit: also, I'm sure everyone knows this already but if you don't, picking a pure dps class such as Sentinal or Gunslinger does not mean your dps is higher than classes that can dps/tank or dps/heal. In other words, Gunslinger/Sentinal will do the same damage output as a dps Guardian/Sage/Shadow/Commando/Vanguard/Scoundrel.

Yea absolutely, people if you want to damage don't feel shoehorned into an advanced class that CAN ONLY DPS. I mean if that's your thing, that's your thing but there will be a dual spec within your advanced class to give yourself more options. This is what I would personally do, if I were a real and not a forum moderation tool/guild mascot.

ps. I fixed the typo in the poll, excuse me while I shoot myself in the ass for penance.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.
Bek

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Hmmm...no consular love at all...
Back to top Go down
Robosolo
Commoner.
Robosolo

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Because Trilsk is playing Skyrim. He's going to be Shadow Consular DPS
Back to top Go down
Kaladin
Aristocrat.
Kaladin

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Jedi Consular DPS - Shadow
Back to top Go down
Aellia
Aristocrat.
Aellia

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Combat Medic
Back to top Go down
G Im Joe
Aristocrat.
G Im Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Jedi Shadow - Tank

I learned my DPS class lesson in WoW, but I can switch to melee DPS if we are light.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:20 pm

G Im Joe wrote:
Jedi Shadow - Tank

I learned my DPS class lesson in WoW, but I can switch to melee DPS if we are light.

I changed your username joe, the lase one offended my sensibilities.
Back to top Go down
https://aristocracy.forumotion.com/
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Well seeing as Aellia decided to take over Combat medic =p And no one has chosen Jedi Consular heals, I will most likely go that then to fill the role.
Back to top Go down
Robosolo
Commoner.
Robosolo

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:47 pm

If everyone is true to their word...then we have one of everything. Lol. Kinda neat.
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:55 pm

AgentScreech wrote:
If everyone is true to their word...then we have one of everything. Lol. Kinda neat.

That was the plan all along....
Back to top Go down
Aellia
Aristocrat.
Aellia

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:17 pm

I won't be as active as I've been in the past. If you want to play Combat Medic you should go ahead.

I'll be on a lot for a month post release but after that unless I get a transfer I'll be pretty busy at work.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:28 pm

Well you two figure out who's gonna jedi and who's gonna trooper, as it stands these results look rather promising and slightly manufactured.

I'm pretty happy so far. Just need to get the rest of the peoples to vote.
Back to top Go down
Reaction
Commoner.
Reaction

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:29 am

Anyone know if it's possible to reset your skill tree in game? And if so, what is the cost?
Back to top Go down
Buzz Killington
Aristocrat.
Buzz Killington

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:19 pm

edwardmsw wrote:
Anyone know if it's possible to reset your skill tree in game? And if so, what is the cost?

You can reset it for a small cost that grows every time you decide to do it again, I want to say the first time is a couple thousand credits but I don't remember exact numbers.
Back to top Go down
Reaction
Commoner.
Reaction

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:31 pm

I'll be going Jedi Consular (Heals) as I originally planned. Although DPS'ing was tempting. I hope healing is as fun as I expected in this game, didn't get to experience much at a low level in beta.

Flannan, if you'd like to go Combat Medic you should Razz
Back to top Go down
Dios
Commoner.
Dios

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Buzz Killington wrote:
edwardmsw wrote:

You can reset it for a small cost that grows every time you decide to do it again, I want to say the first time is a couple thousand credits but I don't remember exact numbers.

Just remember, resetting your skill tree does NOT mean you are resetting your advanced class. Example: Once a Consular Shadow(DPS,Tank), you can't switch to a Consular Sage(DPS,Heals).

edwardmsw wrote:
I'll be going Jedi Consular (Heals) as I originally planned. Although DPS'ing was tempting. I hope healing is as fun as I expected in this game, didn't get to experience much at a low level in beta.

Flannan, if you'd like to go Combat Medic you should Razz

Healing is really no different than WoW or any other major MMO. If anything it's worse at the moment due to the bugs, but lets hope those are ironed out by launch!
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.
Bek

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:31 pm

Several people have pointed that DPS/Heal classes can be built effectively as DPS or heals.

Does this hold true for Tank/DPS classes as well?
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 am

Bek wrote:
Several people have pointed that DPS/Heal classes can be built effectively as DPS or heals.

I can tell you from personal experience that the trooper Vanguard damage spec has high output potential. This game is remarkably well balanced in pve for all classes to do well within their roles. I can't give you one way or another on PVP because I didn't do much of it/was not speced for it.
Back to top Go down
Dios
Commoner.
Dios

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:42 am

Bek wrote:

Yes. If it has a DPS tree(everyone has one), you will DPS as well as the guy next to you.

Back to top Go down
Kaladin
Aristocrat.
Kaladin

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 5:33 pm

We have a lot of "Jedi Knights" according to the SWTOR Roster who haven't posted here. Unless they have switched classes since and the site just isn't up to date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Decision (possibly countdown)   The Final Decision (possibly countdown) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Final Decision (possibly countdown)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next