Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.
Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.

An online competitive gaming community. Est. MMIII

HometA HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super smash and you ?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:21 pm

Well basicly both use the same parttern

up,down.right,left attack with 2 special move each char (for smash it 4)

and compare to other figthing game street figther got a good mobility. That where super smash really push the thing.

super smash is all about mobility and how you bring your char and your enemy to a certain point to finally kill him(throw him out)
Back to top Go down
~ Jess ~
Forum Vagina.
~ Jess ~

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Lucivar wrote:
I'm not a big fighting game player, so I'm asking honestly. How is SSB an evolution of Street Fighter?

Yeah I'd lilke to know this too. Because it has directional buttons? And attacks? O.o

Street Fighter has different fighting styles for each character (-isms or grooves) and at the very base it has two different kinds of fighters, standard or charge characters. In SF, to pull of even the most basic moves, you have to know directional rolls or charges. Therefore, it requires more skill than SSB. I've played SSB. I've schooled kids who've been playing for YEARS in SSB. Why? Because I'm fair to middling at games like Street Fighter and Soul Caliber. Jump jump special attack (which are easy as hell to pull off) jump attack win = SSB.

I was playing the hot chick card just to start an arguement because, yes, it's a retarded thing to judge games on. Now I'm indignant. SSB evolved from Street Fighter like the dodo bird (retarded, gimpy winged food) evolved from a T-Rex (massive, murderous predator).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/creepiemonkey

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:15 pm

LoL

it the strongest who survive but the one who evolve ! Wink

and like i say if you think is only that them WOW. because each char is dif in ssbb you wont play link like you play toon link (for example)
it was more strag . do you even know the awesome defence aspect ssbb got ? that where noob fail most of the time.
to know want to grab/block/evade
or jump because jumping is risky . Since you became a easuy target

in sf you are force to stay clsoe to your enemy like other game that soooooo stupid. i prefer ssbb want you can use all the space you want. Run want you need to or rush in !

in super smash there two big sub genre:

defence char
offensif char

them in both those you have rang/puire melee hybrid

and agai nin those gender you have: speed/power hourse/hybrid

for example ike is the top power but this speed is jsut horrible
but since this attack are powerful they got priority over the attack of a weaker enemy

soo he got a sucky mobility and hje more a defensif type. pure melee. power
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:39 pm

I like using the nunchuk.

Its the only reason I would play a game on the Wii. i mean why use an inferior controller to play the same old way.

Use the Wii like it was meant to be used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:47 am

welll you epic fail if you play this maszter piece with a nuchuk -_-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:48 am

Kamikaze wrote:
I guess I'm just a sadistic fuck, that I like to watch hot chicks beat each other up.

Maybe I'm just hard up.

Hot lesbians are few and far between.

CRY FOR ME.

Also, I worked at Gamestop through Christmas. If I EVER see a Wii again, it'll be too soon.

You aren't looking in the right places for hot lesbians then. My landlord is a lesbian, and her woman is a looker AND a masseuse!
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:10 pm

WTB recap of this thread thus far, seeing as the title and what is being talked about seems to be different....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:51 pm

Flannan wrote:
WTB recap of this thread thus far, seeing as the title and what is being talked about seems to be different....

Oug likes SSB but hates the nunchuk.

I like SSB but like the nunchuk

Kami has taken the contrarian position in favor of Street fighter.

hek thinks that Kami is winning this debate.

And we're all interested in lesbians.
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 6:54 pm

Ill just toss in that i don't like SSB (i have my own personal reasons to not like it)
Back to top Go down
~ Jess ~
Forum Vagina.
~ Jess ~

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:15 pm

Ok. #1) Oug, dodos ARE extinct. I used two extinct animals to make the point that something that comes later isn't always better. /sigh

#2) If you're going to play a Gamecube game (or sequel thereof) with a Gamecube controller, play a Gamecube. Fuck.

#3) Saying that there are two different kinds of characters, and listing "offensive" and "defensive" is just silly. Of course there are offensive and defensive characters. There are in EVERY fighting game EVER. There are also fast and slow characters. And boy and girl characters.

#4) In Street Fighter you don't have to be right up close to the other person. Almost every single character has some form of distance/long attack or the ability to teleport, etc. So yeah, no clue what you're talking about there.

#5) Of course I'm winning. I have logic and a mastery of the dominant language on this forum in my favor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:05 pm

Quote :
#5) Of course I'm winning. I have logic and a mastery of the dominant language on this forum in my favor.
>_> ..... <_< ....... >_< ....... :*(

LoL one screen length is not faar !

Well if brawl would have been on the gamecube i would have stich wiht it lol
anyway for how long sf 2 was play Wink and it a freaking arcane game lol

well in ssb there alot of dif with offence and defence compare to other game sense the stage is 1 huge 2 totally freedoom of movement. Soo if you are a rang (real rang hero) you can hit your enemy from ther other side of the screen and force him to come ot you. OR with samus for example you can figth with there totally rang style jsut with dodge and missible and little bombe and the big energy ball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:16 pm

Smash Brothers has always been a bad fighting game.

That is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:10 am

ahhh man you suck at teasing people. She soo much better them you . you should just crawl back and forget you say anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:17 am

Ouglouk wrote:
ahhh man you suck at teasing people. She soo much better them you . you should just crawl back and forget you say anything.

Vous connaissez Oug que vous basculez. Je jure qu'attends avec intérêt je la lecture ce que vous devez dire.

I think I got that all right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:28 am

O_o
well now i know how strange some of my sentance most by

Quote :
I think I got that all wrong.

/fix

/edit no hard feeling

Super smash and you ? - Page 2 OugloukSig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:38 am

lol
Back to top Go down
~ Jess ~
Forum Vagina.
~ Jess ~

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:19 pm

An excerpt from the EVO 2008 tournament:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

• Game version: Nintendo Wii
  • Game Settings: Singles VS Melee
  • First game of a match to be played on Smashville. Players can decide to play on any map, if both players agree.
  • Excessive stalling or abusing terrain to not engage the enemy
    is prohibited, and can be enforced by a tournament director only. This
    will result in a loss of the match.
  • Losing player can pick what method to be used after match:

Method A
    1) First stage is Smashville
    2) Winner keeps character
    3) Loser can either pick stage or character
    4) If loser picks stage then character is kept
    5) If loser picks character then stage is kept

Method B
    1) First stage is Smashville
    2) Loser picks stage
    3) Winner picks character
    4) Loser picks character

• 3 Stock, 5 Min timer, 2/3 Games
  • Items on medium spawn
  • Sudden Death will not decide the outcome of the game
  • Allowed Items: Banana Peel, Unira, Spring, Mr. Saturn, Green
    Shell, Smoke Ball, Freezie, Super Scope, Sandbag, Food, Screw Attack,
    Warp Star, Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Baseball Bat, Lip's
    Stick, Star Rod, Hothead, Smash Ball, Ray Gun, Pitfall, Cracker
    Launcher, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Bumper, Franklin
    Badge.
  • Banned Stages: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, Warioware, Spear
    Pillar, Flat Zone 2, Original Mario Brothers, Mushroomy Kingdom, 75m,
    Summit, Rumble Falls

Please also note that on the main page it is stated that although Gamecube controllers are allowed, Wiimotes are prefered. These are professional competitors!

http://evo2k.com/playerGuide/gamerules.php
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:37 pm

soo what ? they permti item that noob ! + tell me for fun who found this tournement ?

i will look for no item tournement im prety it easy to find Wink
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:23 pm

/takes whatever game console controller being used, and beats over head of opponent.

There I won.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 5:53 pm

Flannan wrote:
/takes whatever game console controller being used, and beats over head of opponent.

There I won.

Yes you won an all expenses paid trip to the County Lockup where Biff will make sure you meet his every need. affraid
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Im sure id end up in the mental institution (didnt mention what would be done after i hit the person over the head)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:22 pm

Flannan wrote:
Im sure id end up in the mental institution (didnt mention what would be done after i hit the person over the head)

Lol no you kinda missed that.
Back to top Go down
~ Jess ~
Forum Vagina.
~ Jess ~

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:43 pm

EVO is one of the biggest tournaments in the USA. It's not noob, it's actually very VERY pro. If I wanted to look at local tourneys, like people's houses and shit, I'm sure I could find one that bans items too. Of course, you can always find people that complain about items, especially when they're the type of people that will blame any and every possible thing for their loss (other than they got beat). OMG YOU GOT A SMASH BALL! FUCKING LUCK BULLSHIT! No...that's the game. Deal.
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Professor Nomos wrote:
Flannan wrote:

Lol no you kinda missed that.

oh i know what you said and ment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:02 pm

But this time I meant you didn't tell us what you would do...

I know you knew what I meant the first time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super smash and you ?   Super smash and you ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super smash and you ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next