Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.
Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.

An online competitive gaming community. Est. MMIII

HometA HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.

Go down 
+4
Bek
Flannan
Gharik
Hold the Hek
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Archetype?
Tank
The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Votbarend1-126%The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Votbarendr-1
 26% [ 6 ]
Melee DPS
The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Votbarend1-19%The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Votbarendr-1
 9% [ 2 ]
Ranged DPS
The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Votbarend1-143%The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Votbarendr-1
 43% [ 10 ]
Support Healer
The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Votbarend1-122%The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Votbarendr-1
 22% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Empty
PostSubject: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:29 am

I'm posting this a few days before head start so I can get a better grasp on what we need to do with class balance.

Vote in the poll and post what class you chose.

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
https://aristocracy.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:22 am

Swordmaster main here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:24 am

Shadow Warrior

The scout line is simply not that great. The only reason to train up that line is to increase damage and obtain the second career tactic, a fantastic group buff. The increase in damage is more effectively done through renown training.

This leaves me with skirmish and assault. The assault stance doubles my armor and boosts my strength. The boost still wont make me a great damage dealer but I plan to go heavy in this line to access the different stuns and disabilities.

This plan will effectively make me a hybrid tank, defenses slightly better then a WP with equal damage. At range I can silence, root, cut armor by 800+, put up very nice dots and cut one targets healing in half by 50% as well as annoy the hell out of people. In melee I can disable, stun and stay alive better then half the classes.

So, while I will check off ranged DPS I will also make an effective support tank. I felt the need to make this known.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Whoever voted healer, please post in the thread.
Back to top Go down
Gharik
The Gallant.
Gharik

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:43 pm

ICLEEKEDMDPSTARD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:06 pm

Warrior Priest.

Except I will heal the group and not just myself.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:16 pm

K we got 2 healer votes, and 1 healer post. I absolutely need people to post in the thread after they vote.
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:09 pm

There needs to be an option for sucidal dps.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.
Bek

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:01 pm

RDPS.
Back to top Go down
spudink
Aristocrat.
spudink

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:52 pm

I voted Tank/Ranged dps because I'm not really sure. I will probably get into the game a bit later than everyone else due to CPU issues though, so I will just roll whatever we're lacking at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:55 pm

Engineer, possibly Warrior Priest if we're in dire straits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:56 pm

I am pretty well set on the Archmage, and know the two specs I am looking at playing for damage/debuff and for healing, though I plan on the damage more than healy side.

Of course, if we need healing I can flip to that for pve content, but intend to do a LOT of rvr action.
Back to top Go down
~ Jess ~
Forum Vagina.
~ Jess ~

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:17 pm

Will be playing Warrior Priest. After trying a couple different classes in the beta, I'm going back to being a healer. Mainly a PvE person, I will be speccing for max healing. I do wish the little righteous fury bubble was closer to my targets' health bars, though. /cry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/creepiemonkey
debagel
Aristocrat.
debagel

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:39 pm

going runepriest, probably brightwizard on the side.. i had a lot of fun playing one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Wow we actually have a lack of MDPS, thats a first.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:29 pm

With no hammerer, nobody wanting to play elves, nobody wanting to subject themselves to playing the same class as dave. Yea.

On the positive side, MDPS is really easy to get.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.
Bek

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Wow, so much RDPS...I'm tempted to play something else...we'll see I guess...I've always been a glutton for playing the red-headed stepchild class, apparently that's going to be White Lion instead of Engineer...
Back to top Go down
Gharik
The Gallant.
Gharik

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Hek the Odd wrote:
nobody wanting to subject themselves to playing the same class as dave.

im amused by this

Bek wrote:
I've always been a glutton for playing the red-headed stepchild class

Malok is not a class sadly
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:43 pm

dang.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:39 pm

Bek wrote:
Wow, so much RDPS...I'm tempted to play something else...we'll see I guess...I've always been a glutton for playing the red-headed stepchild class, apparently that's going to be White Lion instead of Engineer...

I trust you to make white lion not blow ass. make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.
Bek

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:43 pm

Well, just fooling around in OB, the class does pretty strong damage...but since it's just random morons who can't find their heal button, I get turned into a bloody rag rather fast. =\

Also, the reason people may be avoiding HEs is the females are perhaps more manly than the males?
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 pm

that may be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:36 am

I will have about a half-dozen RL friends following me to the server. One's rolling a swordmaster, one a witch hunter, dunno about the others.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:40 am

Greenfang wrote:
I will have about a half-dozen RL friends following me to the server. One's rolling a swordmaster, one a witch hunter, dunno about the others.

Have 'em apply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:59 am

I also have 4 friends joining me on our server. I'm just not sure how serious about playing they will be. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.   The Final WTH R U Playing Thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Final WTH R U Playing Thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next