Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.
Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.

An online competitive gaming community. Est. MMIII

HometA HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheExposer
Some Guy.
TheExposer

The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Empty
PostSubject: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Name: Derek Wade

Location: Virginia Beach, VA. as of now, but will be relocating to Salt Lake CIty UT. in 52 days.

Gamertag: Multiple. TheExposer, Hottkarl, and TheLastExposer are the most commonlly used.

Computer Specs: VISION Technology Premium from AMD with AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor M620
2.5GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, Up to 3.6 GT/s system AC/DC mode 35 watt Memory 4GB DDR2 1600 x 900 Graphics
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530.

Connection Speed: Verizon Fios

Experience in Competitive Video Games: Not vast or overwhelming, but definately solid. As for MMO's:
World of Warcraft: Competitive PvPer and solid raider with experience playing as all specs of the the Paladin, Subtlety and Combat specced Rogue, Beast Master and Survival specced Hunter and all specs of Priest. Minimal experience with Warlock, Druid, and Death Knight.
Ragnarok Online: Experienced and competitive WoE'er, with experience playing Sacrifice Crusader/Paladin and Create Deadly Poison Assassin.
Aion Online: Solid raider and experienced PvP'er with experience playing Chanter, Templar, and Cleric.
I also own a variety of console games that I play online alot. While it may not seem to provide much to an MMO setting at first glance, I believe that it does in a subtle way. For example, Playing fighting games sharpens and hones reflexis, especially if said fighting games are fast paced, such as Marvel vs. Capcom. I believe that things like sharp reflexis translates into the MMO setting by being able to pick the correct command from a huge list with expert timing.

Playstyle: Aggressive and to the point. I believe in a no-nonsense approach when competing. This does not mean that there is not a time and place for silliness and fun however. When farming for mats or just talking trash, for example, I think that it should not only be allowed, but encouraged, in order to help break up the monotany, or to show ones superiority (after proving it beyond a doubt of coarse) respectively. I just believe that it has no place when one is trying to achieve server firsts and a high PvP rating.

Dedication Level: Bordering on evangelically insane. Once a task is undertaken, I strive to be the best at it. The same goes for helping out a guildie, or raiding. I believe that part of being the best entails hanging out with the best, and helping others in the group at achieving being worthy of being with the best. I believe that patience and understanding are key figures in helping with this. That, however, does not mean that slowing the whole group down for the one person that keeps messing up over and over again is ever acceptable. But bitching at a person for a few mess ups is just as unacceptable.

In closing, I believe that tA is on the same level as me as far as competition and striving for excellence is concerned. I would love for the opportunity to learn from, as well as add to this seemingly awesome group of people. Thank you for taking the time to read threw my application. I look forward to a positive response.

Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:50 pm

Welcome to the party Derek.
Back to top Go down
https://aristocracy.forumotion.com/
TheExposer
Some Guy.
TheExposer

PostSubject: Glad to be a part of the group.   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:57 pm

So now that I am a part of the group, albiet just an entry level recruit, what is the first order of business?
Back to top Go down
~ Jess ~
Forum Vagina.
~ Jess ~

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Three main things:

1) Hang out, post stuff on here you find amusing or just want to talk to us about. Generally communicate and show us you're still active and interested in the coming months.

2) Figure out what race/class/spec you are going to play. Theroycraft it and let us know why you're doing what you're doing.

3) Help us recruit more people like yourself. Post on the official TOR forums and make us look as good as possible. If you know anyone IRL who would be interested in playing with you, let them know about us and send them our way.

4) This is optional but try and wear a top hat & monocle everywhere you go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/creepiemonkey
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:30 pm

~ Jess ~ wrote:
Three main things:

This is optional but try and wear a top hat & monocle everywhere you go.

Sounds like a new requirement that should be put into the charter.

And welcome to the club Derek.
Back to top Go down
TheExposer
Some Guy.
TheExposer

PostSubject: Sweet, thanks guys.   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:47 pm

Lol, you guys are assuming that I don't ALREADY where a top hat and monocle strictly for my own personal enjoyment, sans any form of pants though.

Lol, speaking of recruiting though, I actually planned to start up my own small guild once the games started with a couple of my buddies from back home in UT. All cool people that I used to play WoW with back in the day. Once I get home, I'll be sure to let them know about tA though. All in all, I believe that it should be around 6, maybe 7 people. Would they all have to go threw the application process as well?
Back to top Go down
TheExposer
Some Guy.
TheExposer

PostSubject: Also   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:03 am

Totally forgot to say this in my slightly inebriated state, but when my buddies and I heard about this game, we had already planned to take care of the front and back end in the begining, as it were. What I mean by that, (sexual humor notwithstanding) is that I had planned on being a tank, (trooper) My buddy Jeremy was gonna be the healer (consular) Paul was gonna be the off tank (Jedi Knight) Laura was gonna be the dps to top it off (smuggler). Unless there was some sort of specific need that you guys needed to be met, I would like to keep it that way. There were other people that were going to play with us, but they didn't wanna get into the game too much before it came out.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:06 am

TheExposer wrote:
Lol, you guys are assuming that I don't ALREADY where a top hat and monocle strictly for my own personal enjoyment, sans any form of pants though.

Lol, speaking of recruiting though, I actually planned to start up my own small guild once the games started with a couple of my buddies from back home in UT. All cool people that I used to play WoW with back in the day. Once I get home, I'll be sure to let them know about tA though. All in all, I believe that it should be around 6, maybe 7 people. Would they all have to go threw the application process as well?

If you vouch for them and they all have around your level of experience it won't be a problem. We are in the process of recruiting and if your friends can bring your level of dedication to the table I'll make it happen.

They will have to go through the process of throwing up an app here (and applying to the EA Guild Page if that thing is still necessary), but that's all more for formalities and so I can keep track of who is who.

Just remember it's like the itallian mob, you vouch for them you're responsible for them.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:07 am

TheExposer wrote:
Totally forgot to say this in my slightly inebriated state, but when my buddies and I heard about this game, we had already planned to take care of the front and back end in the begining, as it were. What I mean by that, (sexual humor notwithstanding) is that I had planned on being a tank, (trooper) My buddy Jeremy was gonna be the healer (consular) Paul was gonna be the off tank (Jedi Knight) Laura was gonna be the dps to top it off (smuggler). Unless there was some sort of specific need that you guys needed to be met, I would like to keep it that way. There were other people that were going to play with us, but they didn't wanna get into the game too much before it came out.

Nope man it's all good. I've never really been one to tell people what they can and can't play. As long as we have the people and the balance to raid and pvp effectively I'm happy.

[edit] Get wrecked steve.

Last edited by Hek the Odd on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:07 am

They would have to fill out the application, yes, its a bit of a formality. But I'm sure we could easily expedite the hazing..err the application process, with a large number of you guys already knowing each other.

[Edit] Damnit Hek beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:15 am

Hek the Odd wrote:

Nope man it's all good. I've never really been one to tell people what they can and can't play. As long as we have the people and the balance to raid and pvp effectively I'm happy.

This is the important thing, play what you want to play. As Ben said, we're not gonna say who/what you have to play, its up to you and your friends. Im sure balance in raiding and pvp wont be in issue.

Ben, you're never happy, you will continually seethe in a flaming rage.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:20 am

Flannan wrote:

Ben, you're never happy, you will continually seethe in a flaming rage.

Yea you're right. Nuke the whales.
Back to top Go down
TheExposer
Some Guy.
TheExposer

PostSubject: Okey Dokey   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Alright, I will let them know about the application process then. As far as the balance for effective Raiding and PvPing goes, These friends and I go way back since before highschool and shit, so we compliment eachother very well. The exception to this would be Paul (off tank) who never really got into MMO's before this game. He's a star wars fanatic however, and can give you random facts about crazy shit. Also, he is no stranger to regular RPG's, so I think that he will make a great addition with some training.
Back to top Go down
~ Jess ~
Forum Vagina.
~ Jess ~

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:32 pm

TheExposer wrote:
Alright, I will let them know about the application process then. As far as the balance for effective Raiding and PvPing goes, These friends and I go way back since before highschool and shit, so we compliment eachother very well. The exception to this would be Paul (off tank) who never really got into MMO's before this game. He's a star wars fanatic however, and can give you random facts about crazy shit. Also, he is no stranger to regular RPG's, so I think that he will make a great addition with some training.

That's all great Derek. Like Hek said them applying would just be to keep track of who they are, we're not going to break up your social circle. Shouldn't take more then ten minutes of time between the two websites.

[edit] Also they don't need to go super in depth on the EA Guild HQ, as long as we get their info here we will know who they are there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/creepiemonkey
TheExposer
Some Guy.
TheExposer

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:57 am

Okey Dokey. :-)
Back to top Go down
TheExposer
Some Guy.
TheExposer

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:04 am

Ha! jaust noticed that I got 137 views on this baby. Thats more than the example even! []D[][]V[][]D shit.
Back to top Go down
Buzz Killington
Aristocrat.
Buzz Killington

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:54 pm

EGADS!

That is my application!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAMfCG6nn1w&NR=1
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:00 pm

Have not heard from you in over two months. Grace period is over. Please contact me via email or private message to reinstate your membership.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)   The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Exposer - Application (Retroactively Denied)
Page 1 of 1