Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.
Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.

An online competitive gaming community. Est. MMIII

HometA HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application - Yelsew (Denied)

Go down 
+2
Aellia
Yelsew
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yelsew
Some Guy.
Yelsew

Application - Yelsew (Denied) Empty
PostSubject: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:40 am

Name: Dylan Heinlein

Gamertag: Yelsew

Computer Specs:

intel core i3 540, ATI Radeon HD 5500

Connection Speed:

mpbs 8

Experience in Competitive Video Games:

I raided in wow for 4 years off and on but was never able to get to the higher levels of raiding because of RL issues along with guild problems. I have no issues now and will be fully commited.

Playstyle:

I was always a healer but decided to go tank this time around. I like to get things done, during raid times we are working, I consider downing bosses fun not wiping all night with people in the group acting like they don't care. I hate guilds who give up after 2 wipes because their sick of dying. Wiping is part of progression and am prepared to do whatever necessary to help you guys progress.

Dedication Level:

Main issues in wow was people not showing up for raids but that will never be an issue for me. as long as you keep your times what they are then yo will never have an issue with me not showing up. I understand why you would worry letting me in with my limited tanking experience but that should not hold you back. I have plenty experience in raiding and I always do my homework. I will make sure I know every aspect about my class BEFORE we are walking into our first raid. I want criticism because I feel that is how you improve. I put the guild first when I am in game and I will do whatever necessary to accomplish the guilds goals. If you give me a chance then you will not regret it because I am very dedicated.

I am 20 years old, a full time college student, work 30-35 hours a week while also maintaing my relationship with my needy gf (lol). I am pulling a 3.5 gpa in school and will be transfering to a university this summer. I am a very busy person but I never let one thing interfere with another priority. I would not be applying if there was any chance that I couldn't raid at your time. I was originally planning on rolling sith for launch but I just recently decided to go republic after all. I enjoy being the underdogs since everyone seem to be going sith and I seriously have always thought being a jedi would be awesome lol.
Back to top Go down
Aellia
Aristocrat.
Aellia

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Have you played in the beta?

What is your wow character name ?
Back to top Go down
Yelsew
Some Guy.
Yelsew

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm

My wow's character name was Yelsew and I played in the beta on thanksgiving weekend. I enjoyed the game a lot just wish I would have been able to play it more.
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:24 pm

By the looks of it, you would be a Jedi Knight tank?
As far as the inexperience of tanking goes, as long as you are competent, willing to learn and can take criticism then that shouldn't be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Yelsew
Some Guy.
Yelsew

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Ya guess I forgot to mention that, I will be rolling a JK. I always listen and make sure I am doing my job the most efficient way. You will have no issues with me if you decide I qualify.
Back to top Go down
Aellia
Aristocrat.
Aellia

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Are you the priest or the pal on wow?
Back to top Go down
Yelsew
Some Guy.
Yelsew

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Pally
Back to top Go down
Aellia
Aristocrat.
Aellia

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:24 pm

How well did the game ran on your pc?
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Yea three major things here:

• First of all how well did your computer run the game when you were in the beta? Your specs lead me to believe that raids or large scale pvp would demolish your framerate.

• Second, I can name 3-4 people off hand who are already rolling jedi guardian tanks, and with the size target of this guild and the size of raids in the game that is just too many. I would ask that you reconsider your class choice for a better balance. Really ANYTHING else would work.

• Thirdly I understand you have had problems with raiding before and therefore have not had much real experience. As long as you would be willing to learn from us and take a more backup role in whatever class you play, I would not have a problem with having you that respect.
Back to top Go down
https://aristocracy.forumotion.com/
Yelsew
Some Guy.
Yelsew

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:19 pm

I was unable to play the beta on my PC because I noticed the email to late but I was able to experience the game on my brother's comp which is WAY worse than mine is. I custom built mine about a year ago and I know it is not top of the line but it is a good gaming PC. I have recently looked at getting a new CPU. I figured my graphics card and 6 gigs of ram would be just fine to run TOR effectively. My next thing to replace would have to be my router as it is older than old and is literally falling apart. I have planned on replacing it before I get into any serious raid environment . My moniter is a 21" Hanns-G but I feel that is not a priority over other things. I have also recently purchased the naga razor mouse. If you think that I have work to do on preparing my PC for launch I am open to your suggestions and would really appreciate all you have to offer.

The class issue worries me. Before I joined this guild I was planning on rolling a Sith warrior but realizing that I am just unable to be "evil" I quickly decided on the republic; so I choose JK as it's the SW mirror class. I have always wanted to be a Jedi and I feel it would be weird for me to roll any other class. I have played all of the classes in beta to at least lvl 10 so I understand most of them but without that light saber I feel I would feel naked. The consular was a fun class to play but the tanking shadow tree worries me since my experience tanking was on a pally so I would feel even more inexperience next to you guys. I also feel I would hate the whole invisibility, I have never been a rogue type of player. I am not super familar with shadows sub trees so maybe the tank path doesn't use invisibility at all and I am completely wrong. I also enjoyed the trooper class as well but I was unable to play it as much as I would have liked. I worry thought that I would have regrets later as I will see people with light sabers and only wished I had one too.

I realize you guys have way more experience than I am bringing to the table but I feel I am a skilled player. Remember I am only 20 so when I was raiding In wow I was 16-20. I had an asshole father who liked to ground me for random things for months at a time which would ruin any chance for a stable spot on a raid team. I feel like I am better than my experience shows especially as a healer but I am really honestly sick of playing Wack-O-Mole with the health bars instead of being right in on the action. I really feel like I would be a great fit with you guys so I honestly am willing to roll another class but I am also hesitant completely changing my mind for people I have never met before. I would like more opinions on what you guys feel I should do.

Thanks for your responses
-Yelsew
Back to top Go down
Reaction
Commoner.
Reaction

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Not to step on anyone's toes since I'm still new here. One of my main concerns would be your router, since you are describing it as "older than old." How's the stability on that thing? And since you've planned to replace it, depending on it's current stability, how soon do you plan to replace it?
Back to top Go down
Yelsew
Some Guy.
Yelsew

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:32 pm

My router is top on my list as it is the biggest issue. I have had no real problems with it being as old as it is. I have d/ced in a few raids but honestly I feel it's because I have a brother in the house who games as much as I do. I am looking at replacing it before or shortly after launch so that would not be an issue during raiding since we still have to level up to 50. Don't worry no offense is taken, new or not new.
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.
Hold the Hek

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Well as I've said I'm not against giving you a chance based solely upon your evident drive for success. Just understand that until you have proven a couple of things to us, ie. your computer won't explode, your net is reliable and you are skillful at your class you will be on low priority for progression.

With our current roster fleshing out the way it is, and if you still insist on playing a Guardian Tank you may be relegated to secondary raids for the time being.

If you can accept those terms I'm willing to have you on board and await being impressed.
Back to top Go down
https://aristocracy.forumotion.com/
Yelsew
Some Guy.
Yelsew

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:47 pm

I understand where you are coming from completely; I would probably say the same thing. Although from my standpoint it is not what I am looking for. I am looking to become a core member of a team but seeing some of the members that you have it seems very difficult to compete so I will just have to say I'm thinking this guild won't be for me.

With that said It is hard for me to give up and walk away. I have been looking at a few guilds and seeing as I can join the other guilds easily part of me wants to join this guild just for the simple fact that it is so hard to get in. I am open to other options for class choices as I have seen most guilds already have a tank rotation set up but that is my fault for being late on applying. I am very indecisive so I wonder if I should go the DPS route or Healer would be best. Obviously my experience is in healer and I have absolutely no experience raiding as a DPS so that scares me a lot. My other concern is feeling "unimportant" which is why I wanted to tank this time around.

With all of that said I worry when you say secondary raiding. I am not quite sure what that entails. When you say that I think that I show up for raid but I am left behind. This is not horrible to me because I feel like you need to earn your way to a core group but at the same time I don't want to sit around for weeks or months just hoping I can get a chance to prove myself.

I hope to hear back from you.
Back to top Go down
Robosolo
Commoner.
Robosolo

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:02 pm

From what I have read, it looks like you want to be a Jedi Knight, but also go to the raids. You haven't played a DPS raid position and are uncertain of your skills, but you also said you are willing to take direction. You said you didn't want to be a healer and wanted to be in the action.

Sounds like an easy solution. Be a JK, but just go up the Vigilance tree and gear for DPS. Playing Whack-a-mole with the healing bars is really no different than a DPS playing whack-a-mole with their rotation for max damage output. You still have to be situationally aware and move when the phases change, etc. Honestly there is less pressure on the DPS than there is on the Tanks/healers in most MMO's. If you say you can learn as well as you do, you should be fine.

That's just my interpretation of what's been said.
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.
Flannan

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Yelsew wrote:
I understand where you are coming from completely; I would probably say the same thing. Although from my standpoint it is not what I am looking for. I am looking to become a core member of a team but seeing some of the members that you have it seems very difficult to compete so I will just have to say I'm thinking this guild won't be for me.

With that said It is hard for me to give up and walk away. I have been looking at a few guilds and seeing as I can join the other guilds easily part of me wants to join this guild just for the simple fact that it is so hard to get in. I am open to other options for class choices as I have seen most guilds already have a tank rotation set up but that is my fault for being late on applying. I am very indecisive so I wonder if I should go the DPS route or Healer would be best. Obviously my experience is in healer and I have absolutely no experience raiding as a DPS so that scares me a lot. My other concern is feeling "unimportant" which is why I wanted to tank this time around.

With all of that said I worry when you say secondary raiding. I am not quite sure what that entails. When you say that I think that I show up for raid but I am left behind. This is not horrible to me because I feel like you need to earn your way to a core group but at the same time I don't want to sit around for weeks or months just hoping I can get a chance to prove myself.

I hope to hear back from you.

Secondary raiding, is just that, a second raid or a fill in if a core raider is absent. Though for the 16 man raids we will most likely be using everyone, or close to. Keep in mind, as we all level and go through flashpoints/warzones together we will be assessing peoples skill to listen and follow directions, as well as how they play there class. Once we hit max level and have enough people to do Operations we will see how well people do in those, and for the first few weeks/operation resets we may cycle through people to give everyone a chance to see how well they do in those situations.

Also, you seem to be a bit shaky on what it is you want to play, please make up your mind if you are going to play the Jedi Knight, or a different main class, even think of a secondary class/role you may want to play. As you have noted, we are past the early recruitment point were people could have more of a choice of what they wanted to play in this guild, but dont let that detour you, just pick 1 or 2 classes/roles you would be willing to play and we can go from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Yelsew (Denied)   Application - Yelsew (Denied) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Yelsew (Denied)
Page 1 of 1